Now more than ever, businesses are adopting new ways of working and are shifting their processes online. If you’re an oracle or tarot card reader and are still relying on in-person sessions, you need to consider adopting a new business operation strategy, one that sees you sell and facilitate card reading sessions online.
2020 has been full of surprises. It has choked many businesses, while others have managed to thrive in uncharted territory. One thing is for certain; we now know that bulletproofing businesses for any future mishaps is a must.
We can no longer rely solely on in-person, direct contact sessions to operate. This year has shown us that we can’t rest on our laurels and take our businesses for granted, either in the face of this virus or another catastrophe. *touches wood, grabs sage*
In this post, you’ll learn about why now is the best time to move your tarot or oracle card reading business online. You’ll learn a few online marketing strategies and leave this post with a few hot tips on building an online business.
So let’s get into the nitty-gritty of online tarot readings.
Why should you offer tarot readings online?
If you’re still booking one-on-one, in-person sessions, you need to consider changing your operating model to remain relevant to your customers.
There are a multitude of reasons to move your oracle card or tarot reading business online.
- With your tarot business running online, you’ll be able to offer both in-person and online sessions for your customers. In the event that person-to-person contact is ever banned again, you’ll be able to operate as per usual by offering virtual sessions as an alternative. With an online tarot reading business, you’ll never have downtime or be at a loss for income.
- Continuing the previous point, offering options to your customers is a great idea. More people are searching for ways to interact online rather than in person. Whether this is for personal safety reasons, time-saving or convenience, providing an online option could tap into an entirely new potential client base.
- It will save you money on rent. If your business operates online and has no specific location, you can cut down your operating costs considerably by saving on rental expenses. This doesn’t mean you can’t operate on face to face basis anymore, but you have the option to set up a workspace from home or possibly rent on a more flexible, per requirement basis as opposed to paying full monthly rental.
- Not many oracle or tarot reading businesses are operating and marketing themselves online. This means that it’s relatively easy to rank in SERPs (search engine results pages) for online tarot reading services. Creating a website and implementing basic SEO could be enough to get your business traction in the online space before the market becomes saturated.
- You can tap into a worldwide audience. By moving online, you open your service offerings up to a global audience, not just a local customer base. Instead of only serving those in your immediate geographical location, you can use various marketing strategies to get your brand in front of new, untapped audiences.
- Working online means working from anywhere in the world. When you decide to stop operating, fully or in part, as a face-to-face business, you’re opening your career path up to a whole new way of working. You’ll have more flexibility in terms of work hours and locations. If you’ve been dreaming of a remote work lifestyle, then pursuing an online business strategy is for you.
How to move your tarot reading business online
Once you’ve decided that moving your tarot or oracle card business online is the way to go, there are a few steps you need to take.
Decide on a particular target audience
First things first, decide on your target market. It’s important to decide which segments of clients you want to serve, and then market your brand to that particular audience. Do you want to work for corporate clients, work with big groups, or work on a one-on-one basis with clients providing personal tarot readings?
It’s important to decide on all these factors before setting up your website and social media. This way, you’ll know who you are talking to through your brand messaging and marketing communication.
Marketing yourself as the best online tarot reading service in a particular niche is a lot easier than trying to market yourself to everyone. If you cast your net too wide, you may not reach anyone at all.
Create a website
Building an online presence all starts with creating a website. The easiest platform to do this on is WordPress because you don’t need to be able to write code or have extensive web design skills, although it does help.
WordPress has been promoted as a DIY, build your own website platform for years. There are thousands of templates (called Themes) available that’ll help you create a website by yourself, although there is a learning curve to take into consideration.
I personally believe that building a website should be done by a professional as there are far more intricate processes to consider than just what a website looks like. For example, website security to prevent hacking is a must, as are performance and site speed considerations, mobile responsiveness and backups. WordPress is the most well-supported website building platform, so you’ll easily find a WordPress web designer to build a website for you.
If you include a meeting appointment scheduler on your website, prospective clients can quickly book a tarot reading session with you right there and then. If you decide to run basic eCommerce through your site, your clients can book and pay immediately.
Create a blog
Creating a blog and posting regular content that’s informative, engaging and relevant to your particular target audience is a great way to get noticed by Google and consequently, by your client base. As an oracle or tarot reader, you have extensive knowledge that could be of great use to your clients, so why not share this information on your website in easy to digest blog posts.
Publishing regular blog posts is a great way to establish yourself as an authority in your space. Through your blog, you can write about:
- The history and development of the tarot divination form,
- Each of the cards in the major and Minor Arcana and discuss their meanings,
- Your favourite tarot resources, such as books, podcasts and more
- Your story and share why you became a tarot card reader
If you do not offer tarot card readings but offer oracle card readings instead, your topics could be similar, expect you could focus on writing about your favourite decks, favourite card reading resources and the importance of using oracle cards in daily life.
Not only does sharing informative content make you look credible and experienced, but Google will also love you and your website.
Blog posts will beef up the content on your site, giving it a greater chance of ranking in SERPs (search engine results pages). Writing regular blog articles about tarot could open your brand to a wider audience, and eventually lead to gaining new clients. By linking these blog posts to various services, you’ll give readers a chance to book and pay for a session with you.
Posting a blog post once a week is a brilliant organic traffic generating strategy. If you need help with planning your blog content, researching the most lucrative topics to write about, or want help with the actual writing of the blog posts, I can help.
Have a social media presence
The easiest way for your clients to get to know you is through social media. Posting industry-relevant content that would be interesting to your client is a great way to build authority in your space. Sharing content about your story, your journey, and your experience will help to give prospective customers a look at the person behind the brand, and they’ll begin building trust with you.
As a tarot reader, creating Instagram and Facebook stories every day of your own card pulls is a great way for your clients to get to know you. It will also familiarise them with the process of tarot reading so they know what to expect when booking a session.
If fitting to your brand and work process, consider creating video content and sharing it either on Instagram’s IGTV or Reels, or via YouTube. If your target audience is corporate, if you’re selling tarot or oracle card reading sessions to professionals, consider pursuing LinkedIn as part of your social media marketing strategy.
Get your business listed on Google My Business. Once you have all your platforms live, getting listed on Google my Business creates an authoritative link to your website and social media and makes your business look trusted.
It also allows your happy clients to leave reviews, which encourages others to make use of your services. If your reviews don’t look too positive, take it as important feedback that you can improve on in the future.
Tools for taking your online tarot reading business
If you’re ready to take the plunge and start selling your oracle card or tarot reading services online, here are some tools and apps I recommend for transitioning into the online space:
- Online appointment bookings: Calendly or Acuity. Make it really easy for your clients to book a session with you by using an online scheduler. You can set your availability for the month, and they can choose from your available time slots.
- Video calls and conferencing: Zoom or Google Hangouts. These free tools make it really easy to host video sessions, either one-on-one or with group sessions. You can also record the sessions easily and share the recordings with call participants afterwards using WeTransfer.
- Manage your leads and customers: Dubsado or Honeybook. To keep track of all of your customers, I recommend investing in a CRM or customer relationship management tool. Personally, I use Dubsado and love it. It’s a great way to keep track of your clients and the stages that they’re in. You can send cost estimates, invoices and share a scheduler directly from the platform.
Expanding your online tarot reading business
Once you become comfortable in the online tarot reading space, you can start to expand your business in numerous ways. You could:
- Releasing your own line of custom tarot cards. This allows you to get a little creative and you’ll have a product to sell, which can increase your monthly revenue quite significantly over time.
- Start coaching others to be tarot readers. This could be one-on-one coaching, or you could create a course that teaches others how to do tarot readings. Having another product such as a course to sell means working fewer hours in the future, and generating more income.
- Once your business has gained some traction, employ other tarot readers to work for your business. This decreases your working hours and yet again increases your income.
- After you’ve had enough experience doing online tarot readings, you could release a tarot book, either an e-book or physical hard copy, that teaches others about tarot. You could even add in some personal experiences to coach your readers through the struggles you’ve already been through.
Final thoughts on moving your tarot reading business online
Now that you know how to move your oracle card or tarot reading business online, it’s time to put your new-found knowledge into practice. If you need help with creating a website, curating a blog, planning a marketing strategy and getting your brand off the ground, I can help!
Book a discovery call with me to find out how to implement your new business strategy.
I see that you use a scheduling tool to book your readings, and wanted to introduce you to Dotcal (www.dotcal.co). We built Dotcal to help entrepreneurs like you stand out and make the best first impressions with beautiful, personalized booking pages. Setup is simple and you can accept payments as well.
It is free to create your own page, and if you’d like access to premium features – we’d be happy to give you free access for the first 6 months. Let me know if I can answer any questions, and thanks in advance for your consideration.